The Council is currently consulting on its proposed Traffic and Speed Bylaw.
The bylaw regulates speed limits, and makes sure Council roads are safe and efficient.
Here are the changes we are proposing to make:
- Ranana township (from 100km/h to 50km/h)
- Whanganui River Road (from 100km/h to 80km/h)
- Mowhanau Beach (from 100km/h to 30km/h)
- Mowhanau Drive and Rapanui Road intersection (from 100km/h to 60km/h)
- Mosston Road, Montgomery Road, Mill Road and Sandcroft Drive (from 70km/h to 60km/h)
- Caversham Road and the northern ends of Springvale Road and Fox Road (from 70km/h to 50km/h)
- Westmere School – variable speed zone
- Heads Road, between Beach Road and Raupo Street (from 50km/h to 60km/h)
Read more about the Proposed Traffic and Speed Bylaw 2017 and supporting documents via Council’s Have your say page
Please send us your feedback by 4.00pm Wednesday 12 July 2017