Share your Climate Change ideas
Whanganui District Council is seeking ideas from the community on how we can become a resilient district in the face of climate change. The ideas we gather will be carefully considered, and are likely to be used to develop a proposed climate change strategy.
If you’d like to contribute to the online forum here on the Viewpoint Whanganui website, please write your thoughts in the ‘Reply’ box below. People will be able to view your comment and respond to it when they visit this website, but your email address will not be visible.
The Council would like your opinion on these topics:
- What could Whanganui households do differently to reduce their contribution to climate change? How could the Council encourage and support households to make changes?
- What could Whanganui businesses and organisations do differently to reduce their contribution to climate change? How could the Council encourage and support businesses and organisations to make changes?
- What could the Whanganui district as a whole do to adjust to climate change? How could the Council assist with this?
- What are the opportunities for Whanganui to become a more united and prosperous district as a result of climate change? How could the Council support this?
- Are there any other comments or suggestions you would like to make that could help the Council draft its climate change strategy?
If you’d prefer to contribute ideas in another way, there are a range of options:
- Take an online survey at www.whanganui.govt.nz/haveyoursay
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in a feedback form (available from the Council at 101 Guyton Street)
- Post feedback into one of the Council’s suggestion boxes at libraries and other locations around the city
- Attend a public meeting – keep an eye on the Council website and Facebook page for dates and venues.
See our Climate Change Discussion Document for more information.
[Link to discussion document]