A Draft Reserve Management Plan has been prepared for the Castlecliff Coastal Reserve.
We’ve taken your initial feedback into account in developing this Plan, and now it’s now time for us to check back with you again before a final Plan is approved.
This Plan will guide the management of the reserve for the next 10 years. It provides an outline of the Council’s intentions for its use, development, maintenance, protection and preservation.
Here’s what we aim to achieve with this Plan:
- Ensure that sites of historic or cultural significance within the Reserve are recorded and, protected.
- Promote a range of recreational opportunities within the Reserve, whilst protecting cultural, landscape, and ecological values
- Ensure that reserve facilities are maintained and upgraded where necessary, to enable the community to continue to use and enjoy such facilities.
- To stabilise and reinstate the dynamic dune system, whist providing for compatible recreational activities within the reserve
- To allow for the occupation of the reserves for approved uses and facilities by the granting of a lease, licence or permit.
Take a look at summary information below to get a snapshot of how we are planning to achieve these and other key objectives.
For more information and to make a submission on this Plan
Victoria Edmonds, Policy Planner here at Council is currently listening so feel free to drop a comment down below. Alternatively you can get in touch with Victoria by calling 6 349 0001 ext. 3168 or email
Public consultation closes 5pm on Friday, 17 August 2018.